Commercial & Personal Lines Agent
Job Summary: The Commercial & Personal Lines Agent performs the essential functions of the position, which include aiding clients with service needs and making changes to existing accounts. Specific service and marketing responsibilities are required in this position. Meets service and sales delivery standards and performs essential functions to the quality and service standards developed by the agency.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Work as an efficient team member with agency Producer to provide service to clients.
- Prepares proposals and completes applications in coordination with producers; submits applications to eligible and appropriate carriers; obtains client signatures on applications; follows up to ensure timely receipt of quotations and policies.
- Attends to clients’ needs by producing binders, certificates, policies, endorsements, and other related items; verifies their accuracy using established agency checklist.
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules, and proposals as needed for account review.
- Re-markets renewals, contacts clients, creates renewal proposals, and handles other renewal activities in coordination with the producers.
- Renews policies following agency standards; verifies each renewal’s accuracy; ensures that all renewals are processed.
- Review policies; verifies accuracy and facilitates corrections, as needed, between client and carrier.
- Maintains and updates files in agency management system.
- Verifies policy and change information, facilitating corrections when necessary.
- Processes incoming email and mail requests, responding promptly and appropriately.
- Determines reasons for requests for cancellations; acts to save accounts; notifies producers according to agency standard.
PERSONAL & ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintains a cordial and professional relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully, and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the agency and producer.
- Strong ethical values and integrity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Active Property and Casualty License.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues. Abilities to receive and interpret complex information and respond appropriately.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication and interpret abstract information.
- Full knowledge of insurance products and usages.
- Thorough, detail-oriented to manage multiple clients, tasks and requests.
- Adequate knowledge of rating procedures, coverages, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and write assigned client and prospect lists.
- Knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets.